Frozen Shoulder Treatment Singapore
Are you experiencing severe stiffness and pain in your shoulder?
Maybe you feel that your shoulder movement has become so limited that it can’t move without causing you severe pain?
If so, then you may have frozen shoulder syndrome.
Also known as adhesive capsulitis, it is a disorder that limits movement in the shoulder joint. It commonly affects patients around 50, hence the Chinese phrase “50-year shoulder.”
This is one of the most common types of shoulder pain in Singapore.
Frozen shoulders comprise 16-22% of all shoulder conditions, and 40-50% of these patients have it bilaterally.
Medical doctors often prescribe corticosteroid injections to provide pain relief and treat frozen shoulder.
But what if you’re looking for conservative treatments for frozen shoulder?
Elite Spine Centres has got you covered with our holistic chiropractic care that is tailored to your needs!
Get Rid of Frozen Shoulder Effectively With the Functional Correction Method (FCM)—No Orthopaedic Surgery, Injections or Drugs Involved!
Developing frozen shoulder can be very debilitating.
The painful loss of shoulder mobility often affects daily life, preventing you from doing the things you enjoy most.
At Elite Spine Centres, we provide a range of conservative treatment services to relieve pain and restore a proper degree of shoulder movement.
Each treatment is personalised and developed according to our holistic approach, the Functional Correction Method (FCM).
Research showed that the outcomes of corticosteroid injections versus a combination of physical therapy, rehabilitation, and stretching exercises to decrease pain and increase movement are similar at 6 months.
In fact, our comprehensive, non-surgical treatments for frozen shoulder have the potential to prevent frozen shoulder from reoccurring!
Our Signature Functional Correction Method (FCM)
Often, pain is the way your body shows you that something isn’t operating the way that it should be.
Let us bring you relief with our Elite Spine chiropractic treatment strategy.
Our signature Functional Correction Method (FCM) combines the best in modern chiropractic strategies, soft tissue therapy, and rehabilitative exercises to address your concerns thoroughly.
Step 1 – Initial Consultation
At Elite Spine Centres, we firmly believe in creating a low-stress, patient-centric environment.
Our Doctor of Chiropractic will review your symptoms and health history in detail to understand better what may be causing your concerns.
We will work with you to address your symptoms and concerns, ensuring that you understand your condition before proceeding with treatment.
There will be no hard sales or excessively long treatment packages – we want to work with you, not against you!
Step 2 – Spine and Body Examination
First, a few diagnostic tests are done, including:
- postural assessment
- shoulder movement, especially abduction, external rotation and internal rotation
- the functional motion of the arms, neck (cervical) and upper back (scapulothoracic) to determine the presence of any biomechanical issues
Orthopaedic or neurological tests may also be performed if needed at this time. This will allow us to rule out possible underlying causes, injuries or safety concerns and obtain an accurate diagnosis.
Most of our patients will be able to receive treatment on their first session once any potential safety concerns have been ruled out!
Step 3 – Doctor’s Report and Recommendations
The doctor will assess your response to the first session and review any studies which may have been requested (X-ray, MRI, etc.).
Based on the findings, a customized plan of action will be discussed with you to help you reach your treatment goals.
Compared to the typical approach of symptoms management via injections, doctors of chiropractic can deal with your frozen shoulder right at the source.
This is also where you can bring up any questions, concerns or suggestions, and we will do our best to assist you according to your needs.
Step 4 – Holistic Chiropractic Treatment
The treatment is usually progressive depending on the patient’s condition, involving manual adjustments and, if necessary, advanced therapeutic technologies.
In the early stages, it is crucial to control inflammation, reduce pain and maintain movement with low-grade mobilisation. Once the pain subsides, the treatment plan emphasises increasing the capsular laxity, movement and muscle strength.
Your comprehensive non-surgical treatment plan will also involve personalised lifestyle advice and gentle shoulder mobilisation exercises to prevent your condition from recurring and restore proper long-term movement patterns and posture.
This means our patients can achieve more complete recovery in a shorter time than at other centres!
Enjoy Our New Patient Promo for Only $88 When You Book Online!
We know that seeking chiropractic help for the first time may be overwhelming to many patients.
Hence, we prepared a special introductory package covering almost everything you need for your first two visits to our clinic!
When you book now, you’ll get our:
- Relieve pain, restore your body’s natural function & avoid surgery with our Signature Functional Correction Method (FCM)
- Get spot-on analysis and professional advice on what’s causing pain, and how to treat it with our Doctor’s Consult + Examination
Schedule your appointment right now & we’ll EVEN throw in these bonuses for FREE!
- Break down stubborn muscle knots and old scar tissue with or Doctor Directed Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Calm down & relax with our soothing ATT-300 roller massage bed
- Get a free Follow Up Consult + Xray/ MRI Review (*T&C applies)
PLUS 1 Additional Bonus Therapy (tailored specifically to you by the doctor after your consult)
*You get ALL of this for just $88
(originally priced @ $248).
Hear What Our Patients Say
Learn More About Frozen Shoulder
You’ve got to know the basics for our chiropractors to cure your frozen shoulder.
The more you know, the more you can tell us, and the better we can create a treatment strategy to eliminate your condition!
What is frozen shoulder?
The ball-and-socket joint of the shoulder is made up of three bones. These bones are held together by tissue, which forms the shoulder joint capsule.
Usually, the shoulder joint is one of the most mobile joints in our body. However, when the capsule becomes inflamed, even the slightest movement can cause shoulder pain.
Frozen shoulder is a chronic inflammatory condition. As a result of inflammation and scarring of the surrounding shoulder capsule, the ball-and-socket joint in the affected shoulder gradually loses mobility until it becomes “frozen.”
Frozen shoulders severely restrict your range of motion as any movement can cause severe agony, making even ordinary daily tasks like getting dressed or reaching for something challenging,. This pain discourages further movement, and the lack of use worsens your condition.
There are two types of frozen shoulder: primary frozen shoulder and secondary frozen shoulder.
- Primary (idiopathic) frozen shoulder occurs spontaneously without an apparent preceding event.
- Secondary (acquired) adhesive capsulitis develops from a known cause, such as traumatic shoulder injuries or a prolonged period of immobilization.
What are the stages of frozen shoulder?
Frozen shoulder usually advances in three distinct stages, with the duration of each phase depending on the therapy treatments implemented.
1. The Freezing Stage/Painful Stage
- Early inflammation in the shoulder capsule
- As this stage progresses, your shoulder starts to get stiff with increasing aching pain.
- This stage lasts for 6 to 9 months.
2. The Frozen Stage
- Thickened synovium (a connective tissue that lines the inside of the joint capsule) due to increased inflammation
- This will increase the growth of the adhesion in the capsule, increasing shoulder pain and decreasing range of motion in all directions, making sleeping difficult, and making daily activities harder to carry out.
- This stage can last for 4 to 12 months.
3. The Thawing Stage
- As the inflammation decreases, there is reduced pain in your affected shoulder, and the shoulder range of motion begins to improve.
- Returning to a full range of shoulder movement can take as little as 6 months or as much as 2 years.
- This stage may not necessarily happen as some patients do not recover at all.
What are the causes of frozen shoulder?
It is still unclear why frozen shoulder occurs. However, there are certain risk factors:
- Age and sex: Adults older than 40, especially women, are more likely to develop this frozen shoulder.
- Reduced mobility: People who have had prolonged immobility or reduced shoulder joint movement have higher risks for adhesive capsulitis. This may result from certain conditions, such as stroke or recovery from surgery.
- Systemic diseases: Diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, and Parkinson’s disease increase the chances of developing frozen shoulder
Other causes include:
poor alignment of the ball and socket joint
shoulder injury, such as a rotator cuff tear
damage to the shoulder muscles and soft tissue
injury to nearby spinal segments
long term postural issues
prolonged muscle guarding or disuse
a pattern of repetitive stress on the shoulder, arm or upper back
Experience the relief only Elite Spine Centres can bring today!
If you suspect you may have frozen shoulder syndrome, book a consultation with our well-trained chiropractors today.
The shoulder is a very complex joint and requires careful holistic treatment.
Fixing a frozen shoulder often involves a hybrid or combined approach which addresses the shoulder itself and soft tissues, as well as the mechanics and stability of the neck, upper back, and the scapula (shoulder blade) region.
While you may experience significant improvements from the first session, you must carry out your entire treatment plan to prevent the gradual return of the painful stage.
Elite Spine Centres combines the specific treatment of both the spine and surrounding tissues, so we can more thoroughly address your condition!
Ready to unfreeze your shoulder and live your best life again?